We are into the final countdown with just a few weeks before our Fifth Annual Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) Conference!
This issue of the Journal of Oncology Navigation & Survivorship (JONS) provides a preview of the posters that will be on display and presented at the conference. This year we have a total of 56 abstracts, each with a specific focus on the navigation or survivorship care process. The categories for abstracts are:
- Category I: Patient Education
- Category II: Psychological Support
- Category III: Quality, Outcomes, and Performance Improvement
- Category IV: Original Research on Navigation Programs
- Category V: Original Research on Survivorship Programs
- Category VI: Community Outreach and Screening Programs
Each abstract is also a candidate for expanding its content and being considered for a future issue of JONS. We will have the poster presentation winners by category in an upcoming issue of JONS. I hope you are present at the conference to personally congratulate the winners with me.
As you read through these abstracts, give thought to how you might use this new information and knowledge so that, perhaps, it could be applied in your navigation and survivorship program. There is no benefit in reinventing the wheel! I also hope that it triggers you to consider submitting an abstract of your own at next year